Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today At My House




Heather Wombacher has a blog that has inspired me to participate in posting her URL, as well as answering the following prompts.
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY
Above is a picture for thought that I'm sharing...
It is a photo of my newly reorganized sewing and spinning/fiber studio. Sorry it's dark in the photo. Isn't it nice to have a place to create, that is just yours? It could be a wardrobe, or a bookcase, filled with inspiration. I happen to be blessed to have a whole room right off our master bedroom that we converted from nursery to this. Now I have space to invite some girlfriends to spin with me, or to teach sewing to some of my favorite girls!

Outside my window...
Is my vegetable garden, which I call my "le Poteger". In it, is growing espaliered apple and asian pear trees. There are potatoes, strawberries, tomatoes, onions, beets, carrots, broccoli, beans, turnips, squashes, peas, rhubarb, and chives. In addition, there are herbs for tea, seasoning, and garnishes. It was planted in the "Square-foot Gardening" style.

I am thinking...
About what it would take to put our house on the market again. Daunting. Purging, painting, pressure-washing, primping.

I am thankful...
For this time of having my 3 big boys still home. I can feel the times changing when I won't see them daily, and they will strike out on their own.

From the learning rooms...(if this applies)
Time to enforce more summer reading, outloud and individual.

In the kitchen...
I have a Lasagna in the oven, and fresh baked ww bread on the counters.

I am wearing...
A green t-shirt from Sonoma, and khaki shorts with clogs.

I am creating...
I have two bobbins of CVM to divide and make into a 3-ply, and on my needles I am plugging away on my Brandywine shawl, a remembrance of our last baby, which we lost.

I am going...
To my 30th high school reunion this weekend. It seems to get easier the more the time passes.

I am wondering...
Where the summer has gone? Only a few days of really sunny weather, but rather alot of busy-ness has made it fly by.

I am reading...
Magazines, blogs, emails, FB, Twitter, and sadly not my Bible as often.

I am hoping...
To begin again with a new routine for the rest of the summer, plan the next school year, set a schedule for fall, put up a fence in the backyard, touch up paint inside, process all the fleeces I have, to get them ready to dye and spin, and finish my shawl, by the end of August. Ambitious, I know.

I am looking forward to...
Going to Roche Harbor on a float plane with my husband the weekend after next, and relaxing with him.

I am hearing...
Nolan and his big brother Clayton playing a chasing and tickling game.

Around the house...
Our orange tabby is swishing his tail on the front porch,and children are playing with neighbor friends, while we wait for dinner to be done.

I am pondering...
My 11 year old son's desire for more playmates and exciting things to do. Considering Boy Scouts again with a wonderful Christian troop, perhaps while little girls do Awana. It's tough when you have 3 sisters above you, and 3 sisters below you. The house is always filled with girls.

One of my favorite things...
Is my little Longaberger basket I use as a purse. It is so cute. Looks like a little picnic basket. Very "me".

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finish washing walls, baseboards. Exercise daily. Ply and empty bobbins. My young moms group comes over on Thursday mornings to hang out and talk about Biblical Womanhood, based on Victoria Botkin's cd. Love those gals!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hey Wendy! I've had your blog on my favorites for ages, and am always tickled when you write.

Enjoyed this sweet post. :) And it's a treat to see inside your house.

With love,
Melissa