Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day Socks


I have a sweet daughter-in-law, Nicole, who was born on St. Patrick's Day. We have a silly tradition at our house of green pancakes and syrup on St. Patrick's Day, and Nicole usually shows up to enjoy them with us. Sometimes she and Kellen even come for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and Irish soda bread for dinner.


So this year I was trying to figure out a good birthday present for her. I've been knitting my way through Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters", and I found a pattern for some ankle socks with sort of a Irish sweater look that I thought would be perfect. I also found that I already had enough green Alpaca yarn to make them. So here is the result. They knit up so cute. Can't wait to give them to her!

No comments: