Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Crisp November Day

What a gorgeous day it has been here in the Northwest! Cold, clear, and sunny! One of my favorite times of the year.
I sank to an all time low today, but it was for a good reason. The younger girls and I are doing a science unit on animal tracks, habitats, behavior, and were reading today about animals that live near or among civilization. It was great to compare all the footprints that different creatures make. Well, my girls didn't know what an opossum is, and I was surprised because they are regularly by the road as roadkill, so I put them in the car and drove them around to see if we could find one! I guess I'll have to resort to showing them a picture, but we did enjoy the drive. Brightly colored leaves are lining the road, and floating from the sky making the perfect Autumn picture to add to our green Northwest background.

No comments: