Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Baking Day!

Well, an apple pie is ready to go in the oven, the yams are baking for making Yams Topped With Pecans, the eggs are cooling (Deviled Eggs-yum!), the Cranberry Chutney is all ready in jars, and the rolls are next! Love days like this, especially with my two oldest daughters keeping me company, and bumping elbows with me in the kitchen. Speaking of kitchens, I have been doing kind of a crazy thing. I'm applying for a kitchen makeover with Food Network because I have the world's most busy small kitchen. This entailed filling out an application (easy) and doing a 5 minute video (arghhhhhh!) I am not a natural on camera, and my kids are not all cooperating. But I need that $50,000 kitchen! So I am suffering through it. I have got to send it off second day air on Friday or it will be too late. I have to say I have the most hilarious footage of the kids all helping me with dinner the other night though. Talk about crowded! It's so typical though. My kids (under 5) love to sit on the counter by whatever I am making. I am tripping over our step stool half the time because it keeps being used and moved. Quite comical if not dangerous.

Well, I am so thankful that my family is all still so close to home. We were at one time facing a holiday season without Amber, but are so relieved to have her here. I am also thankful to have my grandparents still with us, and to have them in my home for Thanksgiving this year. What a privalege to share my children with them and them with my children, after all they are in their mid-nineties!

Here is hoping that you are thinking about all the ways that God has blessed you in the last year. If you are struggling to find something , ponder this...
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as he chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
Ephesians 1:3-6

Isn't that the most exciting thing to be thankful for ?!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: